Corporate Social Responsibility
Since 1995, Renfro India Private Limited (RIPL) is well equipped to seize opportunities available in the knitted socks industry on account of production facilities, technical expertise and emphasis on quality. RIPL is meeting international quality norms of comfort, stretch, sizing, skin care and other parameters which make the Company a leading player in the international market.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) was always on agenda since incorporation.
Company has adopted Corporate Social Responsibility policy as provided in the Companies Act, 2013. Highlights of CSR policy of the Company are as given below:
- Ensure an increased commitment at all levels in the organization, to operate its business in an economically, socially & environmentally sustainable manner, while recognizing the interests of all its stakeholders.
- To directly or indirectly take up programmes that benefit the communities in & around its work centers and results, over a period of time, in enhancing the quality of life & economic well-being of the local populace.
- To directly or indirectly take up programmes that benefits the communities in & around its work centers and results, over a period of time, in enhancing the quality of life & economic and literacy percentage society at large.
CSR ACTIVITIES/ PROJECTS:
The policy recognizes that corporate social responsibly is not merely compliance; it is a commitment to support initiatives that measurably improves the lives of underprivileged by one or more of the following focus area as notified under Section 135 of Act and rules made thereunder:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting healthcare including preventive health care and sanitation & making available safe drinking water;
- promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects;
- promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups;
- ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
- training to promote rural sports, nationally recognised sports, Paralympics sports and Olympic sports;
- Protection of national heritage, art & culture including restoration of buildings & sites of historical importance & works of art; setting up of public libraries; promotion & development of traditional arts & handicrafts;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows & their dependents;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, paralympic sports & Olympic sports;
- contribution to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government;
- Rural development projects